Thursday, May 28, 2009


My work schedule has changed again and I work now from 7am to 3pm. It is super nice to get out so early and have almost all day to do stuff and run errands, but it's quite hard for me to get up that early in the morning. I guess I'll get used to it within a few days. It also helps that it's summer (or whatever this is, quite cold) and the sun is up at 5am and the house is not freezing and dark.

I've been wanting to do a professional teeth whitening for a while, because those home kits really make my teeth very sensitive. I booked appointment with Brite Smile after receiving their email offer for 40 minute whitening for $199. I think that's great price. I think it's normally over $400. I got there at 10am, their place is one block over from my job, so I spent my early lunch hour there. I filled out few forms, the doc and assistant told me little bit about the procedure and then I brushed my teeth, got my headphones and remote to my personal tv and let them work their magic in my mouth. This is how it works: whitening gel is applied to your teeth and the BriteSmile blue-light will be positioned over your teeth to activate the gel.

They changed the gel 3 times, so there was three 20 minute sections, which makes it 1 hour. If you paid attention what I wrote earlier, I only paid for 40 minutes (I prepaid it at the time of booking). But I had this thing in my mouth that was holding my permanent smile and protecting my tongue, so I could not speak at all. So I got 20 minutes extra and saved another $100. My inability to speak also caused me to watch Jerry Springer trash for that hour I spent there because my remote was not working. Well, it worked only for that one button push that got me to that channel. That was embarrassing because I really don't watch that crap ever. :)

After I was done we went through the shade chart and I achieved the best result, going all the way down to the number one shade! I was only about 3 shades away from it to start with so I'm sure 40 minutes would've been enough. Anyways, my teeth started hurting like hell about 4 hours later and stayed way until I fell asleep at night. I even took some pain killers, but did not help at all. I was in so much pain. But when I woke up in the morning, the sensitivity was completely gone. Sometimes you gotta suffer for beauty, I guess.

By the way, that company was owned by the millionaire I worked for back in 2003. I was a butler in his Southampton mansion. Cool guy with a nice lifestyle (private jet, housekeepers, chef, butler, few houses around the world and such things) but he did not hold his tongue when upset. I got yelled few times in front of his guests over nothing. But he always apologized later on, indirectly. He would never say sorry, but would thank you for job well done.

The same day, after work, I went to get a facial at my usual spot (it's usual because I was tricked in to buying facial series long time ago during Spa Week, so now I have to go there until I'm done with it). I mean it is not bad, their estheticians and products are very good and the space is nice and Asian inspired. I'm normally very good saying no to any of those extras they try to sell you during the facial, but this time I did go for the microdermabrasion. Just because I haven't had it done for over a year and I absolutely love it. It was just $50. The treatment was wonderful and I love the massage they give your face as well as shoulders and arms. So relaxing. My esthetician Karen recommended this website where I can buy organic oils and make my own natural skin treatment. She recommended mixing lavender oil, clove oil with something else that I have forgotten now and applying it to my problem areas during the night. The website is Mountain Rose Herbs.

1 comment:

  1. hienolta paikaltahan toi näyttää, miksei siellä nyt kävisi rentoutumassa ;)


Every comment is appreciated! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You rock! XOXO